Thursday, December 26, 2013

Dec 2013 - Christmas

Merry Christmas!  We had a lovely Christmas.  Donnie has 2 weeks off from school after a whirlwind of a December.  

We purchased our cute little Christmas tree at a local nursery called The Chelsea Gardener, and carried it home.  They told us the cabs would accommodate small trees, but no, we were stubborn. And it was heavy!  The kids spent weeks making lots of decorations for our tree and our house, since I forgot to pack even a single Christmas item.  

For Christmas dinner we had venison, ham, minted peas, roast potatoes, yorkshire pudding with gravy, carrot casserole, mince pies, and plum pudding.  All courtesy of our local gourmet grocer. (Well, I did warm up the food).   We later discovered that we should have flamed the plum pudding; it was  so alcoholic it was almost inedible!

The kids got legos, remote control cars and helicopters, art supplies, and kindle fires from Santa.  And a pink unicorn for Sarah! The kindle fires were really a gift for Mommy, so I can have my own kindle (and the computer) back.

Can I have this for Christmas dinner?
Some homemade decorations.
The stockings were hung from the spoons with care...

Ezra wearing his customary English Christmas crown.

It's a lego Christmas!

A unicorn! Notice the mac and cheese on the couch …. Santa also brought them each some food from America that you can't find in England.  Mac and cheese, Oreos, Goldfish, and Magic Shell.  One little pack to enjoy!


This gift absolutely floored them, as it should!






No comments: