Thursday, October 9, 2008

October Craziness

Two days ago Ezra officially had his first trip to the ER ... early in the morning he fell down the stairs.  Yep, ALL the way down that tall wooden monster, head over heels.  Serious deja vu from Abigail doing the SAME thing at the SAME age 6 years ago!   Of course this time I was going to know better, and not rush right off the ER, only to have my "injured" 2 yr old dance happily around the waiting room entertaining all the people there with REAL emergencies!  So I watched him all day.  Then right at dinner time, he collapsed on the floor crying, "my tummy hurts, Mommy, it hurts really really bad!"  Lots of tears, refusing to stand ... so there we are, mom and 3 kids packing out quesadillas to go to the ER.  We waited about 3 hours, ate dinner and some snacks, and of course by the time we got to the doctor (and Daddy scooted in, right around the same time), the "injured" 2 yr old was happily prancing around all the people with real emergencies.  And I was busy trying to keep Sarah from dismantling the bed and all the medical equipment.  The doctor checked him out (I was thinking maybe a cracked rib or something?) but of course he was fine.  And I got some doctor speak about "gas", and I thought, seriously, I KNOW when my kids have gas ... do you think I would be sitting here in the ER for 3 hours with 3 kids if it wasn't something a little more than GAS!!!  So maybe it was just hunger, plus trauma, plus a little muscle soreness.  But he's fine now, of course.  

After a night of that, we needed a break!  So yesterday we skipped school and drove out to an apple orchard to pick apples.  The kids had a blast.  I'll post some pictures soon....

1 comment:

The Solley Six said...

Let's hope all the ER visits in our future turn out as well as this!
ha! I love keeping up with you through these stories of your days.
Thanks!