Thursday, February 19, 2009

Countdown

Everyone asks if I'm counting down to baby, but I'm not.  Really.  It's 5.5 weeks (March 30).  Except that Sarah (#3) was a week late, but I'm measuring a week early.  As much as I am looking forward to not bending over the bowling ball (ok, we've passed bowling ball stage - it's more like a lead-filled beach ball!), I also know that they are easier in than out!  I remember thinking, with each baby, near the end, wow, I cannot WAIT to not be carrying this weight around any longer.  And then, a few weeks after baby is born, when I am carrying baby around all day I think, hmm, what changed, exactly?  This has been a really easy pregnancy, which is a blessing, because it was a really hard move for us this fall and winter.  At this point I am usually struggling with lifting things, yet I can still hoof it through the self-check at Costco.  All credit due to my wonderful chiropractor (here, if anyone lives in Jacksonville and needs one!).  Something about baby #4 has made my body feel like an old jalopy that only needs one good jolt to fall to pieces!  

No comments: